Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

IN THE MONEY



Social Security?

Financial retirement plan? What plan?

I should have started it years ago, but at 25 I was thinking about braces for two little kids, not saving for retirement?

My nest egg looks like a hummingbird's. I might as well forget it and learn to like living in a modest ranch house in the hills of Georgia.

There are ways to catch up, but who can afford those? Another 10 percent here to max out 401K deductions and another $100 a week there for a catch-up plan.

What's a couple hundred dollars a week more taken out of your paycheck anyway ...

I'll never miss it. Right?

I guess counting on the lottery is out of the question, too.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! I was wondering what I should do for you on Mother's day. You are getting a lottery ticket! and a card of course.

Wed May 10, 09:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

raise wealthy kids to take care of your every needs..or..dump spud for a rich car wash owner...

Wed May 10, 05:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is all about those package deals-like used car sales-if you go for this deal you get that etc. Life is simple, but people make it very complicated. The future is now, there is no way to save. Just enjoy what you can and stay away from all those package deals and retirement plans-they all have the *** attached to them.

Keep smiling

Wed May 10, 09:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thu May 11, 09:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me pass on what I read today:Do not wait for retirement to enjoy life.

Thu May 11, 10:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows if we'll ever even make it to retirement. It seems like everyone dies right after they retire or slow down their work pace. Enjoy and live now!

Fri May 12, 07:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home