Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Monday, May 08, 2006

AGE-OLD DILEMMA

Why bother making your bed ever morning if you're just going to jump in it later and mess it up again?

Caveman to cavewoman (as she's being dragged by her hair into the cave): "Jeezz,
look at that messy pelt! What do you do all day besides put bones in your hair?"

And because you-know-what trickles downhill, cavewoman to cavechild: "Hurry, here comes Man back from a kill, go fluff up your pile of leaves!"

Every morning I look at the messed up sheets, blankets and pillows, and wonder why I do the same things over and over.

Is it just habit? Do I really want to climb into a brushed out bed with straightened sheets? Or could I just leave it and "sort of" make it later before I hit the sack?

Then I think about what may have come off the bottom of our feet and worse ... sloughed off skin cells.

And, I hurriedly make the bed.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made a promise when I got out of the military that I would never make a bed or shine shoes again! That's why I have more shoes than the woman in my life. Thanks to her though I broke the no bed making promise after twenty five years.

Mon May 08, 11:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to make the bed, just in case those 'bed friends' from last week come by-you want them to know that your house is not a 'nest-mess'for them to have a home

Mon May 08, 11:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's the worst part that makes me think where were my feet last night?

Mon May 08, 11:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

diana,

I make my bed every morning too, because, if I didn't, cavewoman would be upset. And the skeevy-bottom-of-the-feet problem is solved by wearing socks to bed.

Norm

Mon May 08, 02:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot leave the house until the beds are made.That is the result of sleeping in a couch that opened when I was growing up. You could not leave the couch -bed unmade in the middle of the living room.You also coudn't go to bed until all the company left.

Tue May 09, 01:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is always so much more pleasant to turn down the covers at night and crawl into a made bed instead of a sloppy one. It just seems so much fresher! Incidentally, no one could make an inviting bed like my dear mother in law. God bless her.

Fri May 12, 07:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home