Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Thursday, April 27, 2006

GAS PAINS

I figure pretty soon I'll be paying more to drive to work than I make.

Then where would I be? At work, getting skinny because I wouldn't be able to afford food.

Then again, I could pull down that bicycle hanging in the garage. It has very low mileage and works on sweat. And it's only 20 miles of roadway filled with crazy drivers to work.

Or maybe I'll just stay home. No need to go anywhere anyway. Won't have any money to buy anything.

On the upside, maybe this season the Bennys will stay home too. That would leave a lot more room on the Parkway so I could feel safe riding my bike.

I knew I should have bought that rice-burner!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now if there were only more sidewalks and drivers would look for pedestrians, that would be a gas to walk

Thu Apr 27, 01:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everyone who owns a gas-hog SUV should have to pay extra for gas and all of the people who try to save energy should get a break!

Thu Apr 27, 04:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bottom line is the price of gasoline is out of sight and for no good reason IMHO. The difference between gas hog and reasonable mileage is not that great. Record profits but costs are way up? Who is kidding who here? Guess I should tell my employer that my costs are way up so I need an 18% increase in my salary? I'm holding my breath!

Thu Apr 27, 06:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those who own SUVs and trucks already pay more. Such as more for a tag, which goes to pay for roads that you anonymous people drive on, more at the pump (like diesel for the semis to bring your groceries to the stores), and more for insurance to cover all those little fender benders. You should be thankful for the privilege of personal choice in this country. You could be living in a country where you have NO car or SUV and NO choices. If I could afford it, I would buy a Hummer with a 50 caliber on top. I love America!

Thu Apr 27, 07:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home