Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

HEAD IN A CLOUD?

Don't they get it?

I'm always amazed whenever I see nurses, orderlies or health care workers outside doctors' offices or hospitals smoking.

With all the evidence abound about the ill-effects of this nasty habit and seeing firsthand what it does to their patients, you'd think these professionals (in the business of wellness) would make an effort to quit.

I walked by one area outside a local hospital to which smokers had been exiled and thought how awful it must be to be so addicted. Especially to something that most likely will kill the smoker AND possibly their loved ones.

Because years of smoking killed my mother, I held my breath as I passed and felt extremely sad.

Much like I did when I walked by a man who was outside a cancer clinic in New York, smoking a cigarette through a hole in his neck.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olá, o teu blog está fantástico, adorei, força e parabéns.
Beijos

Wed Apr 19, 03:40:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

What'd he say?

Sun Apr 23, 11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may be Portugese? I think it says 1st line: hi, i think your blog is fantastic/great/good
2nd part: adorei: love? forca: strength/force/effectiveness 3rd part: e parabens: and congratulations. last word may be a name. Maybe that's it in a nutshell? Hope that helps. Anyone else?

Wed Apr 26, 04:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He said you are beautiful, and look just like Mary Poppins!

Thu Apr 27, 04:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What pisses me off is when I see a parent smoking around their child. SHAME ON YOU!!!

Mon May 01, 11:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home