Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Thursday, April 20, 2006

HOLD IT!

It would have been me wee weeing in a cup.

As I followed the story about the people stranded in disabled cable cars hanging above the East River in New York, I kept thinking, "I bet someone up there has to go!"

Then I thought about the East River below and, well . . . no matter.

Turns out one kid in the dangling tram couldn't wait for rescuers either and did his thing in a cup.

Not so easy for grown-up ladies.

You can bet your bottom dollar, though, I would have given it my best shot if, after 12 hours, I was told, "soon . . . hang in there."

Sometimes comfort just takes precedent over modesty.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you gotta go, you gotta go.

Thu Apr 20, 06:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P-ing in the river is better than getting pooped on by a pidgon in the park.

Wed Apr 26, 07:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who cares about #1..thank God it wasn't #2..or worse yet, someone doing a colonoscopy prep! oooooey..

Tue May 02, 11:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home