Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

AN OPEN AND SHUT CASE

Men don't close dresser drawers.

I don't know why, it's just a man thing.

I know some men who have never shut a drawer (all the way) their entire life.

Women, on the other hand, always close their drawers. They don't want anyone to see that their favorite pair of white underwear is yellowier - because of bleach, of course - than their not-so favorite pair.

Maybe men don't shut their drawers because all the stuff inside is a mess. They surmise that the drawer wouldn't close anyway, so why try?

Or maybe they like to see how many times, bruise by bruise, their significant other will walk into the open drawer before they shut it.

Nope, they can't close a drawer, but the can sure bitch if you open the cereal box and rip the insert tab so then they can't close that.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not entirely true, I am a male and I have the opposite problem. I am usually closing a drawer or door behind my significant other. She doesn't leave them all the way open, just an inch or two which drives me nuts.... Uh, on the other hand it could be the cat who loves to open the closet doors at night!

Tue Apr 25, 01:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with my husband. It's actually quite dangerous at night to try to make it to the bathroom in the dark. I have the bruises to prove it. He also leaves all of the closet doors open. Do you think this problem is hereditary? Guess who!

Tue Apr 25, 09:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we do know how to shut'em & open'em up again & again & again, but going back in them is where the issue lies.The items that come out will go back in, in due time.Thats why they remain slightly open, waiting for that object to return.Now if I could only turn off that bathroom light!!

Thu Apr 27, 09:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, the wife, leave all the drawers open. I even leave the cabinet doors open. When I taught I had to train me and my students to close drawers, and cabinet doors. Why?The supervisor would find fault!Why!Because I am so busy working, I do not have time to be "neat" or "perfect"

Sat Apr 29, 02:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Diana, My hubby & I have just the opposite problem,I tend to leave the drawers open, & he Ruins the cereal box, it's almost funny!
However, after 45 years of wedded bliss, I am Slightly neater, & he is Slightly messier, so it evens out eventually!

Sun May 07, 09:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home