Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Sunday, April 30, 2006

W0E IS ME



My perma-pup is a keet killer.

I took it kind of hard when one of my old loves decided the new love in my life had to go.

I only had the darn parakeet three weeks, and I was starting to get all attached to him. He was just beginning to trust me enough to sit on my shoulder.

But that was all to end.

He met his demise when he decided to test flight his clipped wings and landed in ... Chihuahua Pinkie's mouth. He died in my hands.

Now I feel guilty for having taken him out of the cage when the dogs were in the room.

Poor little Purdy bird. I'm so sorry.

Woe is me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel quilty, Diana, my mom also feels terrible about my leaving for Heaven. I was her favorite ever. But, like you she gave me so much loving care that when it happened, she felt it was her fault for changing the water too much, for putting my favorite toy away from me, from putting me to bed too early that night, but it wasn't her fault at all. It was time for me to go up there and start to protect her. Now, everyday I stop by for an hour and help her cook the garlic-my favorite but I cannot take any takeout back to Heaven.

Relax, your little birdie and I are pals and he has no ideas of eating me!

Have a great day
J.M.

Mon May 01, 09:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’m so sorry for your loss... It's hard when you love your pet and they leave this dimension sooner than normal :(
I thought Pinki was a vegetarian? Now that's what I call instant karma for the bird... (((hugs)))

Mon May 01, 02:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Diana,
I am really SORRY for the loss of your birdy. Do not feel guilty, after all it's the Chihuaua's fault. I felt guilty too when I was told I did not inject correctly my cat with insulin for his diabetes.Shortly thereafter he died.
You must FORGIVE me as I also felt humor in reading about the demise of your birdy. However, my husband had more sad feeligs when I told him what happened to you. He thinks Chihuauas are mean,but that is the pet he would have if he had a choice.

Mon May 01, 03:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy another bird, let your granddaughter pick it out and name it Mary Poppins. You are a good pet mommy!

Mon May 01, 11:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home