Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Thursday, May 11, 2006

DIRE STRAITS



Some people have all the luck.

Me, for example.

Before going shopping at a local discount store, I put my debit card in my back
pocket but neglected to use the bathroom.

At the store, I used the bathroom. After doing so, I found the card had fallen out of my pocket and into the toilet.

Dilemma: Do you reach past the toilet paper floating on top to retrieve your card at the bottom?

Do you just flush it? Do you call the manager (and embarrass yourself) and have the janitor get the card?

Just my luck, the manager was on vacation.

Everyone else said, "Not my job."

Hey, did anyone ever hear of rubber gloves? Aisle 9!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lesson Number One-use the 'potty' at home

Lesson Number Two-only have pockets with zippers

Thu May 11, 10:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch out!
I would retrieve the card (As I did my cell phone when it fell in the toilet). Flush when it's safe, dry off the card and later surround it with disinfectant spray. No one the wiser but me-or you.

Thu May 11, 10:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny story Diana, I would have found the rubber gloves too! Adorable pic of Chloe, who will most likely want to burn it when she gets a little older!! Also, adorable pic of her on the hobby horse, that's great that another generation of little ones can enjoy it!

Thu May 11, 06:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The number one reason for replacing damaged cell phones is -ta da! - dropped in the toilet.

Fri May 12, 07:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home