Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Friday, March 23, 2007

ARE THEY SQUIRRELLY?



Long Branch officials want to make feeding wildlife on public AND private lands illegal.

They define wildlife as "all animals that are neither human nor domesticated," which includes stray cats and those pretty little birdies like the state goldfinch.



While the hundreds of backyard bird-watchers might be a bit put off when they're arrested by the bird-feeder police, I think officials should leave out the "neither
human nor domesticated" part.

I know I've fed at least one undomesticated "human" animal who should be illegal.

See today's APP editorial for more info.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I also just fed one..but unintentionally.... I was so happy when I looked out my back door today and saw my first Daffodil of the season. I was so excited, I went out to touch it and welcome it into the world. Just 10 minutes ago, I happened to look out back and there was a squirrel starting to eat it! I opened the door and yelled NOOOO! He looked at me, bit off about 5" of the stem with my beautiful yellow flower at the top and scurried up the tree. I then watched him devour it and he had the you know whats to come back looking for more.

Fri Mar 23, 02:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me get this striaght, it is legal to feed illegal immigrants and their illegal pets but illegal to feed Mother Nature's legal residents?

Fri Mar 23, 02:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long Branch should be worried about hunting down gang bangers and illegal residents instead of Mrs. Jones feeding a chipmunk...

Fri Mar 23, 02:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These Long Branch "officials" are the same SOB's who are seizing private property under the so-called "constitutional right" of eminent domain. As befits a lawless scoiety, they should all be taken out and summarily executed on the Long Branch boardwalk.

Fri Mar 23, 04:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who? the Long Branch officials, or the chipmunk feeders? Harsh...

Fri Mar 23, 04:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nutcases one and all

Fri Mar 23, 06:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey proofreader, "harsh" gets ears perked up. You should know that.

Sat Mar 24, 10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

job, actually only protesting your remarks about "executing them on the boardwalk" because Long Branch taxpayers would have to foot the clean-up bill! Haha..

Sat Mar 24, 12:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nutcases one and all

Sat Mar 24, 09:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home