Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Thursday, March 22, 2007

TASTE LIKE CHICKEN


They're finicky.

For once, I'm glad my perma-pups won't eat anything but people food.

With the huge recall of dog and cat food that's been linked to 16 pet deaths so far, I was scouring the list of brands to see if I inadvertently had purchased one to try to get my girls to eat like normal dogs.

I knew I really didn't have anything to worry about with the recall because my Chihuahuas turn up their noses at everything but baked boneless chicken breast mixed with rice. Except for plus-size Toots who, believe it or not, prefers veggies.


So now I'm thankful that every night I stand at the kitchen counter chopping up chicken and cooking rice for my girls who get fed before the man.

For more information on the recall go to Menu
Foods
which lists recalled foods with serial and lot numbers.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with my Shih Tzu ... he hates all dog food.
Since we are talking about animals today, I'd like to bring up an article I read in your column on Wednesday about the "HAWKS" circling over our small animals. I live in the Toms River area and the day before our ice storm I had my Shih Tzu out in the yard. He was laying on the patio enjoying the sun, when all of a sudden, I saw this huge hawk circling about 12 feet above him with his talons outstretched. Thank God I was there! I gave such a yell. Then started to run to pick up my little guy, waving my arms in the air trying to shu away that predator. They both got startled. The dog started to run. I finally caught him and the Hawk flew away.
Now I feel we can't even enjoy our own backyards. Please everyone be careful and be aware of this problem. My dog is 11 lbs. and still was a thought for the daily menu.

Thu Mar 22, 04:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee ...what would you name a bulldog bred with a shih tzu?

Thu Mar 22, 05:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bulldog and a shih tzu? No way, sounds like BS to me.

Thu Mar 22, 06:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Toots " was my father's name for my mother. However, she was no dog , but the both of them would love your Toots. My father and mother fed our spitz people food. They felt it was better. Maybe they were right.

Thu Mar 22, 07:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home