Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Monday, March 19, 2007

ICE MAVENS


Croci are your friends ... especially for spring-lovers.

This last storm that dumped a bit more snow on us was depressing, so I was thrilled when I saw the little yellow and purple flowers pop up in my beds. Last fall I thought the hungry squirrels had dug up all the bulbs, but it looks like they missed a few.

I love the flowers' determination.

Kind of like the post office motto: "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

Well, they just delivered a whole lot of smiles at my house.

Now I'm worried global warming will kill that first taste of spring. It's enough to make you go postal!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know when they're hiring at the post office? The flag is at half-mast...(oh, he was such a nice guy, but now that I think about it, he wore camouflage over his postal uniform with a big NRA patch on it)...ah, spring!

Mon Mar 19, 12:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that words ending in "us" usually have plural with "i"..i.e. crocus/croci,octopus/octopi,
platypus/platypi,syllabus/syllabi,
fungus/fungi...
So, is the plural of mucus - muci? abacus/abaci? impetus/impeti? As you can tell, I obviously have some time on my hands..

Mon Mar 19, 05:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and so do "i"

Mon Mar 19, 05:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just goes to show you how fragile life is. Here today and gone tomorrow.... but there is always that hope to be as lucky as those croci and survive ...(God willing).

Mon Mar 19, 05:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say proofreader , Asparagus in the singular form is still asparagus, correct? I mean does it become an asparagi? Food thought for today!

Tue Mar 20, 08:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the signs of Spring!

Tue Mar 20, 10:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home