Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

KISS THE CLEANING LADY


I used to have a cleaning service.

My man got tired of waiting for me to vacuum up the dog hair and clean the wood floors, so he hired one.

None, however, offered services on Saturdays. Which meant he had to take off work in the middle of the week while they cleaned because he didn't want to give out the house key.

Good thing, too, because one maid stole a bottle of prescription pain killers ... while he in the house!

And that was that. End of cleaning service and my free time.

Now, I spend my evenings longing for an honest person who loves to clean toilets while I dust off the wine rack.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any person who says that he/she loves to clean toilets cannot be an honest person.

Wed Aug 16, 10:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you filled the wine rack you would have some offers to clean your toilet.

Wed Aug 16, 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

the wine rack is empty because I have to clean the toilets and the wine rack!

Wed Aug 16, 03:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cleaning house sucks. It looks good for a day then right back to that "lived in" apperance. I'm trying to amass enough funds to get a "live in" maid. However, honesty would be third on my list just under pleasing physical attributes and willingness to wear sexy outfits.

Wed Aug 16, 04:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring in the leaf blower. then again, if you drink enough wine you'll never see the dust or the leaf blower.

Wed Aug 16, 08:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I have to stay home when the cleaning crew is there and watch them too, I rather do the cleaning myself. HA!!!!!I know why the wine rack is empty, afraid of theft. Or he or she could drink the booze and leave water. That has been done before.

Thu Aug 17, 04:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't do windows!

A Merlot before scrubbing the terlet would be most appreciated!
Two Merlots would make that task almost enjoyable.

Thu Aug 17, 09:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try one of those hunky chippendale-type cleaning services, then YOU WILL want to stay home to watch!

Fri Aug 18, 10:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home