Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Thursday, June 01, 2006

TAKING AIM


I've had it!

Oh yes, I bought a Havahart squirrel trap because I don't want to admit that I'd really like to bash in their little squirrelly brains for taking over my back yard.

The rascally rodents finally pushed my last button when they decided the new pepper, squash and tomato plants I've been trying to grow have become part of their diet ... not to mention the hibiscus flowers they do contortions (that would make a gymnast jealous) to get to.

It's bad enough that they eat their way through 5 pounds of sunflower seeds, which I put out in left field every day to keep them at bay!

If this Havahart doesn't work, I may have to move ... or buy a small AK-47

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are those fla. gators when you need them?

Thu Jun 01, 07:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trouble with you city-girls is that you don't know what the really good stuff is. We've used predator fox urine and it worked like a charm.

100% Fox Urine is effective against groundhog, woodchuck, rabbit, skunk, squirrel and chipmunk. Available with or without pre-packaged 30-Day Dispensers.

Norm

Fri Jun 02, 02:36:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

the problem is that I don't want to scare away the Alvins. I like watching their antics.

Fri Jun 02, 06:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather have squirrels than a yard smelling like fox pee!

Fri Jun 02, 06:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's going to be the one to hold the bottle so the fox can 'p' in it ?

Sat Jun 03, 01:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put the food on the ground! Feeders are overrated and birds will feed on the ground. Squirrels will feed also but tend to do so less on the ground.

Sat Jun 03, 02:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

roadkill cuisine..the original southern comfort food..yum..

Sun Jun 04, 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

the squirrels laughed at the fox pee!

Wed Jun 07, 10:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I see you have a problem with those darn squirrels, but I havent seen those traps. I look foward to each cup of coffee every morning to feed the squirrel (belive it or not)They come everyone morning looking for bread. But now I have planted!!! And NOW I am angry that those little buggers ate all my flowers!!So they are being punished now, NO Food for them. They ate enough.

Thu Jun 08, 10:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Thu Jul 20, 03:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home