Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

OVER THE LINE


My brain is mush.

With early deadlines because of the Memorial Day holiday, our workload has increased.

So, when I pulled into the parking lot, I was a bit distracted thinking about what to blog.

I didn't have any particular subject in mind until I got out of the car.

And there it was ... a crooked park job.

Is it just me or are they painting the lines for parking spaces closer together?

Could explain why one tire is always on or over the line. For some reason, I never
seem to be able to maneuver my car into the space directly between them.

And those are the big handicapped spaces!

Forget negotiating curbs. Don't tell Spud because I'll deny any knowledge of how those scrapes got on the wheel rims.

Good thing I don't have an SUV!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is true, they make some spots smaller than others. It happened to my mom on a beautiful summer morning while parking her large beautiful American car in a nice space - I man started yelling at her-my mom began to cry, cause it is too early to get yelled at-but he was a nice man and said that the space was much smaller than normal and that mommy would get a ticket. Go figure, this is America and they make the spaces for little 'out of the country' cars!

Wed May 24, 09:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mentioned it to my man 'slick'(sick with an L) just this morning while trying to pull into a parking lot at his doctor's office! Guess they (the people who design parking lots) think the more spaces, the more people will want to come to the business.

Wed May 24, 03:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are not painting the spaces closer together. It just appears that way -- because every woman in Monmouth County is driving an SUV.

Except you.

Norm

Wed May 24, 08:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depends on when the lot was built. If it was the late '70s/early '80s, there was a gas crisis and smaller cars were the rage - hence the lots were striped to accomodate them. Or so I've been told.

Of course, us Lawn Guylanders can throw any kind of car into any kind of parking space. Which is why my mom and dad always have me drive around town when I go up to visit them.

Thu May 25, 11:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best thing when it comes to parking is to get away as far as you can from other cars. Not only will it protect your car from nics but the little extra walk helps with any weight problems.

Sun May 28, 03:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Mon Jul 03, 01:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home