Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

EYES WIDE OPEN



It never fails.

Days off at 6:30 a.m. ... Boink! Eyes wide open.

Weekdays at 6:30 a.m. ... Can't pry 'em open with a crowbar.

No rest for the weary.

When work is calling, I'm in a deeper sleep than the one that overtook Rip van Winkle. On my days off ... I feel like an insomniac on amphetamines.

Go figure.

There are people who actually train themselves to sleep 30 to 40 minutes every four hours so they can stay awake longer. Why is what I'd like to know.

Is their life so interesting that they don't want to miss a thing by sleeping? Do they really believe the research that claims adults who sleep less live longer?

Sounds like an excuse for insomniacs on amphetamines.

Sleep is holy in my book.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

worse yet is when you finally do fall asleep, some yahoo neighbor with his car stereo blasting pulls into his driveway at 1 am and then
you can't fall back asleep!

Wed May 17, 03:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Diane, I finally figured out what to do when I'm awake in the wee hours- get on the internet.
It beats tossing & turning 1/2 the night. Now that we're retired we can catnap during the day, but you're right, sleep is holy.
Got a kick out of yesterday's "Kickin' back" column, all I can say is "Payback time"!

Thu May 18, 09:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home