Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Friday, May 26, 2006

ON THE ROAD AGAIN


A colleague retired yesterday.

At his going-away party I asked him what his plans were for retirement.

He said he was going to paint his house for his son who planned to live there.

I realized how much I'm looking forward to the time when I'll be able to visit
exotic, unknown places like the junk room.

Ol' Daddy, shown here with his Mexican girlfriend, has been able to realized his
passion for traveling.

He's pretty happy that he can travel and still work at the same time to make enough money to live without tapping welfare or Medicaid.

He's proud and says he's one of the lucky ones.

Too bad retirement's not like it used to be when the government really took care of its aging population.

Who knows where that big rig would take Ol' Daddy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sure is lucky he can travel. I've been able to find cheap three-day getaways (which I'll settle for - anywhere) but have been unable to afford the airfare, so I haven't gotten to go on vacation as I've wanted. Not unless I want to go to Belize from Newark by way of Honolulu and make it a 19-hour trip.

I guess that's why when work asked for volunteers to go to the next hurricane-stricken area, I said sure. As long as it's a different place other than Joisey, and I can have some time for running around and shooting photos, I'm okay with it.

Sat May 27, 07:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say retirement is more fun on two wheels! Only thing is, I wish I was retired!The thought of being able to scoot around the entire day long seems quite enviable, so get on your bike and ride Old Boy, that's what Harleys were made for!

Mon May 29, 09:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Tue Jul 18, 07:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Thu Jul 20, 03:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home