Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Friday, June 29, 2007

SMOKY BURNOUT!

What is it with men and their machines?


Every summer it's cruise night after car show after another cruise night, and so and on and so forth.

Now, I'm pretty lucky because I kind of like looking at old restored cars and chromed-out motorcycles. I actually can say I like it as much as (or maybe a little more than) the next complacently miserable woman schlepping behind a man ogling motors.

But, I believe we all need to be supportive of our spouse's interests and hobbies. After all, couples who play together stay together.


So, while the man gets revved up on horsepower, I hang out, snap a picture or two, people watch and hope he'll reward me (for being so supportive, of course) by taking an interest in my hobby ...

Going out to dinner.


**please bookmark this site as one of your favorites**

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your hobby-as for the interest in restoration of oldies and making loud noises-the man identifies with both-hoping that some young chippy will restore him after he passes adulthood and of course loud noise-ever listen to a quiet male conversation?

Happy Dining!

Fri Jun 29, 01:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you get lucky, maybe something else will get revved up too...

Fri Jun 29, 05:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me say that last nights outing was an adventourous one at that! This Chevy has come together nicely...With the tachometer leaning over toward redline on the GSP I swear I could hear the Tales of Brave Ulysess

Fri Jun 29, 05:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

racer x, do you moonlight as the guv's driver?

Fri Jun 29, 10:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, he's princess Di's driver....
and maybe the guv's

Sat Jun 30, 12:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spend most of my time watching over Speed, Trixie & Chim-Chim!!
Not hanging with Pops is what I miss most..RIP Pops, RIP!!Hey I'll be whaling on a Harley V/Rod soon, stay tuned for a newsflash!!!

Sat Jun 30, 04:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boys and their toys....

Mon Jul 02, 01:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home