Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

WHAT HAPPENS THERE STAYS THERE

I hate cleaning floors.


I hate cleaning the floors so much that I usually don't do it until I have to brush off my feet to get into bed.

I used to have a cleaning lady, but the cleaning lady fairy who paid for the service stopped paying when the cleaning lady changed her profession to ... thief.


On a similar note, I used to have indoor plants until I over-watered one. It leaked (well flooded) onto my hardwoods, which later rose and separated like plate tectonics during an earthquake. So now, instead of cleaning the floors while I'm on vacation this week, I have to find someone to tear them up.

I should have gone to Vegas.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So it's a working vacation I see.
Nice shiny floors nonetheless, despite your overuse of water.
Think plant saucers next time.
I'll be off in Honeymoon Heaven next week in Puerto Rico on a sandy beach with my Bride, Lynda.
I'll email my observations on
"Our 51st State" if I can access a PC.Baccardi factory tour...HERE I COME!
Keep it green Diana.

Wed Jun 20, 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I had plant saucers!

Wed Jun 20, 01:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tear them up! Why?

Wed Jun 20, 01:24:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

We have to replace the four or five boards that are warped; those that I'm tripping over.

Wed Jun 20, 03:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vegas-good idea-after a few unlucky spins you not only would not have to worry about the floors you would have to worry about a roof over your head-just kidding-you could get lucky and win a full time housekeeper!

Fri Jun 22, 11:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you find any bloomin' onions under the floor boards?

Thu Jun 28, 05:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home