Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Thursday, June 21, 2007

WEAR, OH WEAR, DID MY LITTLE TIE GO?

It was expensive.

I have a friend whose husband took their son shopping for dress clothes for his eighth-grade graduation.

Dad bought his son a $60 tie that matched his shirt "perfectly." Mom was not happy with the purchase because she said her son probably would wear it only once or twice.

After inspecting the tie, she discovered that the tag could be hidden while he wore it, and she concluded that after the event ... she would take it back.

Turns out he didn't wear it at all, but the thought of buying an article of clothing, wearing it, then taking it back, is not uncommon, I'm sure.

I can only hope, though, that it's not underwear.

(sorry, no tie pictures ... or underwear!)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture!
I have never encountered anyone who has nor have I ever attempted such cheesy behavior.
I have however had recent problems with the quality of Jos.A.Banks shirts and undershirts.Seems that after a few months,their shirts suddenly show rips under the arm pits near the seam. It happens more frequently with their linen/cotton summer shirts.These shirts start at $49.99 each.
Their undershirts 3 for/$19.99 seem to show holes after a month or two.
Now,having laundered my own clothing for most of my adult life,the problem is not with
user error.... I have returned said garments and received on their part somewhat begrudgingly a credit in the manner of a store card.
Has anyone else out there in Blog Land encountered the same problems with Jos.A. Banks?

Thu Jun 21, 11:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, but I bet if you write the company a letter you will get some satisfaction and some free stuff!

Works for me, I got several items after writting to the company's like Keds, Maidenform, Gateway and Tiffany!

I would assume with a name as well known as Jos A Banks, they would not want the bad press.

Thu Jun 21, 03:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no underwear pictures? Darn.

Thu Jun 21, 04:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF ONLY MONICA HAD RETURNED THE BLUE DRESS...THE COURSE OF HISTORY WOULD'VE BEEN CHANGED , TOO!

Thu Jun 28, 05:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home