SNIFFING OUT DANGER
I guess everyone knew this but me.
Some candles are toxic, especially those with paraffin, a petroleum based by-product of refined gasoline. When paraffin is burned, it releases carcinogenic toxins into the air.
Also, some candles have been confirmed to contain substantial quantities of lead in the wicks, which, if used often enough, can saturate your home with poisons.
On top of that, there are absolutely no standards, regulations or laws governing the manufacturing of candles. No agency regulates or oversees the candle industry, and any manufacturer can conceivably put whatever they wish into a candle and not have to label it.
I always thought the Ex was full of it when he said candles, plug-in air fresheners and deodorants can kill you.
I must have been using selective hearing ... as usual.
P.S. Love candles anyway and want to know what else you can do with them? Check out candle dance and nose man.