Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Monday, February 05, 2007

I THINK THAT I SHALL NEVER SEE


OK, I admit it. I'm a tree-hugger.

As a kid in Florida I was a tree-climber, which was difficult to do in palm trees. I learned real fast which trees weren't climbable. The sticky, picky pine trees also were tough getting up. Tougher coming down.

Then there were those with coconuts Mom warned us not to sit under.


These tree pictures were e-mailed to me by Tom of Brick. The trees were grown in Santa Cruz, Calif., by a man who never told anyone how he got them to take on these unusual shapes.

He must have been a very patient man.


They made me recall the "Tree" poem by Joyce Kilmer.
The poem's last line: "But only God can make a tree," gives one reason to pause, wouldn't you say?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks to me, that top tree photo is praying for a man to shed some water on it! Which way to the wee tree.....

Mon Feb 05, 04:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

" ....
A billboard lovely as a tree.
Indeed unless the billboards fall,
I'll never see a tree at all."

Mon Feb 05, 08:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These trees are scary-to me trees are symbols of health and peace. My favorite tree is the Christmas tree. It gives a feeling of joy, love, peace, and hope.

Neither of the trees, even though they are interesting and unbelievable give me those feelings.

Tue Feb 06, 09:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home