Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Monday, January 22, 2007

DREAM ON


I watch the movie "Munich" on cable last night.

Now, I rarely go to the movies or, for that matter, stay awake for an entire DVD if we watch one at home.

But this movie about the 1972 murders of the 11 Israeli Olympic athletes had me riveted to the TV set.

By the end, I was about as strung out as the hired assassins who constantly lived in fear of being killed. So strung out, I was ready to sleep in the closet.

Going to sleep was a little tough, too.

When I finally did drift off, I dreamed I was the beautiful Dutch counter-assassin who was killed on her houseboat after she snuffed out one of the supposedly good guys.

It was a pretty gruesome scene.

I was glad, though, when I woke up that I'm a nobody.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana,

I saw that film when it played in the movies. It really made one think. Steven Spielberg is saying that killing just leads to more killing. And that is true. But after I thought about it for a long time, I concluded that the other alternative would have been to let the assassins go unavenged. Remembering who those assassins were, that clearly would have been a worse alternative. Because they would only kill more.

Mon Jan 22, 05:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a serious film, indeed!

I would have never come out of the closet.

Mon Jan 22, 05:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also happy to be a nobody-infact tv gives me such nightmares that I am thinking of going back to music (old fashioned) and knitting-plus what ever happened to those Doris Day movies?

Mon Jan 22, 05:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to pop your "illusion of safety" bubbles ladies and gents....but, even the no-bodies get shot at by the crazies. Remember all those folks that were filling up with gas, or going into a store and those two nut-sos picked them off from the back of their car trunk. I'm staying a paranoid cynic.

Tue Jan 23, 10:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home