Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

KEEP ON DREAMING


My mother used to say she thought I should have been an actor because I was always so animated.

A personality defect, I guess.

But as a child, I imitated actors and made up fake commercials with my own little spin on things when we all were gathered in front of the television at night.

It made them laugh, but secretly I wanted to be a star, too.

As I watched the red-carpet entrances of the celebrities before the Golden Globes
last night, I was fascinated how the cameras panned each from head to toe. Their gowns, jewelry and shoes were all gorgeous.

Then I looked down and ... well, the last laugh is on me.

P.S. Standing on the garage floor gave a pathetic touch to my attire, don't you think?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!! those look like my socks!! did you borrow them when you were here last time??? Seeestersss....sheesh...always borrowing your clothes! :)

Tue Jan 16, 10:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least they are golden and match the Golden Globes theme..I guess if the paparazzi ask: "what are you wearing?",you can say , "my sister's socks"...

Tue Jan 16, 04:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Golden Moment. Next time put a Red Carpet on your garage floor.
See how you thought of your mother watching The Golden Globe awards.

Tue Jan 16, 05:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Sister's Socks? What a great name for a clothing line. You could dress Rosie O'Donnell or Roseann Barr (name sp?).

Tue Jan 16, 10:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, even Hollywood stars have their not-so-attractive moments. Don't you glance at the tabloids while in the grocery store line?

Wed Jan 17, 11:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it could be worse..at least you weren't wearing black socks with birkenstocks...

Wed Jan 17, 04:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what, I call my around the house stuff 'Victoria's BEST KEPT Secret'-you look well dressed to me

Thu Jan 18, 06:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home