Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Thursday, January 04, 2007

ONE DAY AT A TIME


It never fails.

Every year I make it a point to buy a bunch of calendars to give as Christmas presents.

Last year, I had so many calendars left over that I put one in every room of my house. Then my dentist, insurance company and heater man sent me a few more.

I didn't need one at work because the company provides generic calendars for employees, so I was deluged with calendars for 2006.

This year I decided not to buy any.

And yes, you guessed it, I didn't get one calendar ... from anyone.

Of course after the new year, the selection of calendars (that you have to stare at all year long) is sparse, which is why I'm now looking at Dora the Explorer.


P.S. I considered buying the one title "Men are like ..." but there were way too many pictures of half-naked young men in it. I figured I wouldn't know what month it was flipping from page to page all day long.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Men are like your missing calendars...no dates when you want/need one!

Thu Jan 04, 01:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I receive a calendar from every real estate agent in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. Can I interest you in a few hundred?

Thu Jan 04, 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

only if they have half-naked, good-looking young men on them.

Thu Jan 04, 03:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why half? and hopefully straight...

Thu Jan 04, 06:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home