Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Thursday, January 25, 2007

WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE


I was going to blog about the rich widow who's been buying secluded islands off the Connecticut coast, but what's the point?

She's just rich and eccentric.

Instead, I gotta put in my 2 cents about the local lovelorn guy who jumped off the Sea Bright Rumson bridge into the frigid Shrewsbury River to impress his date. Luckily, he was rescued, but not before he almost succumbed to hypothermia.

So buddy, want to make a real splash?

Check out this bridge jumper (and there are hundreds) who set himself on fire before plunging into the water below.

Or, how about this deadly swim over Niagara Falls caught on tape by a news crew?

Just remember, you might make the news, but no one's impressed with your intelligence.

Play it safe, guys, give the girl flowers instead.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no woman is worth that!

Thu Jan 25, 05:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

His third date might have been his own funeral!

Thu Jan 25, 05:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he wants to take 'the PLUNGE' just buy a 10 carot pink diamond heart shaped ring and give it to her on a round the world cruise-since he likes water soooooooooo much!!!!!

Thu Jan 25, 07:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet all that went through her mind was "What an idiot! I sure am glad that I haven't slept with him yet."

Thu Jan 25, 09:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or, oh my God...and I slept with this guy???

Fri Jan 26, 06:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure hope he was rescued on the Rumson side of the river. Those Sea Bright cops would still be writing him tickets if he pulled that stunt in their town.

Fri Jan 26, 07:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IMPRESS? Is that what they call stupidy? What about just plain old love. I have to admit diamonds and vacations are nice but dont impress.

Fri Jan 26, 10:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, just took flowers and a nice dinner along with a stable demeanor ro impress my future bride.
Am I the last real man left?

Mon Jan 29, 02:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home