Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

LEAVE THE LIGHT ON, BABY!


(AP PHOTO)

I think I've got seasonal affective disorder.

I mean, I get up in the dark, spend most of my day inside and go home in the dark, then wonder why I'm in a fatigued funk.

I'm stuck in night.

When I was researching the spiders on dope, I read that jumping spiders have markings on their faces and legs that glow in ultraviolet light. Those markings make them attractive to the opposite sex and, well, frisky. They won't mate without the light.

Guess I'll just have to buy some dayglow body paint and get one of those ultraviolet purple bulbs like we had in the '70s.

Watch out, Spud!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To glow all you need is a nice bottle of Chianti and everything will be bright and rosey

Tue Jan 30, 12:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH,BABY

Tue Jan 30, 01:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful of male spiders suddenly "attracted" to you!

Tue Jan 30, 02:35:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

no spiders as of yet... although there was this snake once.

Tue Jan 30, 03:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All my girls glowed in the late
60's and early 70's. Or did I percieve that they were glowing.
A little Boone's Farm Apple wine...a black light...all cozied up with our favorite girl...all was "right with the world". Our innocence as a society lost forever I'm afraid.
Oh, but to recapture the zeal and
idealism of our youth now in middle age!

Tue Jan 30, 03:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of black lights -- boy did I look cool on the dance floor in my whites -- one night I was dancing up a storm at a bahamas night club to the delight of the ladies until I notice a six foot long piece of toilet paper streaming from my shoe.

Fri Feb 02, 11:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home