Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

JUST LIKE RIDING A BIKE


After reading a couple of the nasty comments posted for yesterday's blog, I was going to shamelessly put up another picture of my granddaughter wearing a shirt that sported "Little Devil" on the front.

Instead, I'll shamelessly post a picture of my Valentine's present from Spud.

Because couples who play together, stay together, Spud and I share a love for motorcycling. Almost every year in March we attend Daytona Bike Week, and last year, the itch to ride again got the best of me.


So Spud, the loving man he is, went out and bought me a Harley that's almost identical to the one I sold eight years ago after I decided there are too many crazies on New Jersey roads not to have protective metal around you.

I know I said I'd never ride again, but because women have the prerogative, I changed my mind.

You should never say never, anyway.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant believe you are going to ride again Diana !! What are you two thinking. Didnt you learn from what you both have been through from the 1st accident

Tue Feb 20, 12:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If feel so safe, why not put your grandkids on it too, then? Motorcycles are death on wheels..

Tue Feb 20, 02:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that motorcycles are not safe and it worries me that you are going to ride one again. But, that is your choice. I know you are a good driver but it is the other crazy people that I worry about. NO, the grandchildren will NEVER ride on them, don't be silly!!!

Tue Feb 20, 02:42:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

nor would I ever put them on the bike.

Tue Feb 20, 02:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This bike had four hours of use on it in the seven years the previous owner had it. I expect the new rider of this machine will ride it even less!! Bully on you nay sayers, I personally will rod this machine into the finest garage showpiece!! In the event it makes the roadway, the operator is guaranteed to look BITCHIN!!!

Tue Feb 20, 06:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Spud!

Tue Feb 20, 08:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what good is a mangled, veggie grandma with your next accident?

Tue Feb 20, 10:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say Comatose,in response. Only as good as the insurance policy on her! Hopefully its a heavy one, paid in full. Besides, you cant take it w/you when you go and someday we're all are going to get there....RIP!

Wed Feb 21, 09:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurry on down!!! I cant wait to ride with you and "Spud" the speed demon again! Woohoo.....!

Wed Feb 21, 12:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home