Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A NEW LOW IN ADVERTISING


(WIZMARK PHOTO)

They're interactive urinal wafers.

Actually, Wizmark, the company that manufacturers the talking urinal wafers, calls them communicators.

Nice change.

Why something you wouldn't dare to eat is called a wafer in the first place is a mystery to me.

In any case, they're here ... talking up a storm in men's restrooms.

They advertise everything from beer products to sports to tools to cars, and now hand out "don't drink and drive" public-service messages. Some even have flashing lights to entertain their captive audience.

Too bad we don't have urinals at home.
Just think what great stuff you could say to your husband in a recorded message there without him escaping to the garage.

And you'd never have to worry about the toilet seat again.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd want my wafer to ask me if I had a permit to carry that thing.

Let me get back to sleep. :-)

Tue Feb 13, 10:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's obvious that you haven't visited many mens-rooms urinals.

You wouldn't have to worry about the toilet seats, but you'd be continually mopping up the floor.

Tue Feb 13, 01:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooo johnny.............

Tue Feb 13, 01:57:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

you're right, menuval, that sounds gross, but at least there would be little chance of that shocking Alice in Wonderland fall into cold water in the middle of the night.

Tue Feb 13, 03:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to shake, raddle and roll.

Tue Feb 13, 06:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's next? singing wafer ads in public bathrooms..how about hearing the old Alka Seltzer ditty: "Plop plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is" before you flush...

Tue Feb 13, 09:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never be able to receive my communion wafer in church without that urinal visual...

Tue Feb 13, 10:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish that I would have though of this idea! What a great marketing ploy. I just wonder if advertisers will mind that the man that they are targeting is peeing on their advertisement. It is clever and discusting at the same time. Wow, I've got it....toilet paper with ads on it! You can read it and then wipe your A$$ with it. You would just have to find dyes that do not come off but then again that would be another advertising space.

Wed Feb 14, 10:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe for Valentines Day, pictures of your exes of the wafers..you can piss & moan all you want and finally flush her (him) out of your system..so to speak..

Wed Feb 14, 04:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wanted to have some made up with the likeness of my ex-wife.I had to endure ten years of #2 so I can get even with washing away her memory with #1.

Thu Feb 15, 09:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home