Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Monday, July 17, 2006

UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL


We're becoming good friends ... lime Jello and me.

Jello and chicken broth.


The two-in-one colonoscopy/endoscopy I'll be having tomorrow boils down to a liquid diet today.

That and I'll be ingesting some pretty lousy medication later tonight that should leave my digestive tract cleaner than its been since Fleet and I became friends when I went into labor some 32 years ago with Dr. Son.

I figure tomorrow will be a good time to weigh myself.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photo shows what appears to be reddish jello. You don't want to eat red jello before a colonoscopy. Lime jello and chicken soup are okay. Good luck.

Mon Jul 17, 10:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in fact no red or orange jello..I had combo egd/colon for age 50in may (the egd thrown in for good measure to check my silent reflux) (turns out had 4 polyps removed..2 egd..2 colons..all ok but since my dad is colon cancer surv. from early detect,recommend to all of you age 50ish considering and earlier for family hist.)Need to return in 3 yrs now.. Try lemon (no pulp) ices or popsicles (no red or orange or purple), esp with this heat...I slugged the sludge as directed and immed took spoon of ital ice/or posicle..really helped to get all down in the 15 min . increments)..good luck..sure all with "end up" ok!

Mon Jul 17, 04:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

unfortunately, after all my fasting, etc and the egd/colon..I only lost 2 measly lbs.! I guess I was not as full of s**t as many have told me over the years!

Mon Jul 17, 04:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck-hope all goes well!

Mon Jul 17, 09:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rectum? Damn near killed em'!

Tue Jul 18, 03:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bottoms up all!

Wed Jul 19, 04:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't eat all that stuff. Filled with gatorade

Mon Jul 24, 04:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Wed Aug 09, 02:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home