Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Friday, July 14, 2006

FREE BIRD


I need a can-do attitude, like the bird that built this nest on top the Tiki on my deck.

I have the right attitude at work, but accomplishing nonessential projects around the house always take a back seat to more pressing tasks.

No matter how hard I try to catch up, the projects (that I'd much rather do) sit, sometimes for years, waiting for me to free up time.

It seems something always gets in the way.

Maybe in my next life, I'll come back as a bird.


Although it never laid eggs, the bird made a pretty cool nest, don't you think?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a bird in the hand..is messy! that's a delicacy in chinatown!

Fri Jul 14, 11:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a robin built a nest in a hanging basket of fuscia once when I lived in Sea Girt. Trying to bring a little nature to my sitting area of my garden apartment,I was proud of my efforts in raising this odd looking plant.
Imagine my surprise to find three little blue eggs one morning.
I should have found them earlier.
I decided to stop watering and give the eggs a chance to hatch.
Two actually did. Well,two out of three is a good average anywhere.
I had a family of possums living in my backyard in Perth Amboy a few years ago.That was out and out war declared on these little rodents!
The NJ Division of Fish and Game told me to merely walk up to them,pick them up by the tail and move them in a box to another locale. Yeah,right!
They summered there,content on my garden offerings.
I Love Nature.....on TV!

Fri Jul 14, 12:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute is that... I have 5 finches, any takers for the 2 babies 4 months old. So cute, they are white. dmc

Fri Jul 14, 12:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a free spirit-enjoy your choice not to fly and do whatever you want-you don't have to be a bird!

Sun Jul 16, 03:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are beautiful in Christmas Trees!

Thu Jul 20, 08:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe some of dmc's finches to go in the nest?

Thu Jul 20, 04:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home