Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Friday, July 28, 2006

THE OTHER RED MEAT


OK, I know I shouldn't eat a lot of red meat, but the London broil sandwich offered the other day at our company cafeteria looked too good to pass up.

I got the dish served on lettuce instead of bread because I figured it would be less calories and carbs, and just might balance out my unhealthy eating habits.

I took it back to my desk in its to-go box, my mouth watering, sat down and opened the newspaper to read while I ate my lunch as I do every day.

The first news story that caught my eye turned out to be quite complementary to my afternoon meal, which I quickly trashed once the nausea set in.

It seems a stripper and a severed hand did me a favor on how to resist red meat.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a true carnivore. The redder, the better. Fish- yuk!

Fri Jul 28, 12:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes that can make you lose your appetite, but i agree with wine girl ...beef must be red and juicy, I dont know how people eat it well done. dmc

Fri Jul 28, 12:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is an increasing amount of gore in news stories these days.
As there is on television and in the movies. It must be a sign of "civilization" progressing.

Fri Jul 28, 02:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

coulda been worse.coulda been eating sushi..

Fri Jul 28, 03:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well,they've caught that nude dancer with the severed hand in the jar..... It took a "hand" from a bailbondsman who posted her bail to find her.
What a bizarre story this one is,eh? Right up there with the
"finger food" story at Wendy's last year.
We've a bunch of sickos out there!

Fri Jul 28, 08:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't read the newspaper when you're eating. Unfortunately, I never follow that rule.

Sun Jul 30, 03:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Accept the fact that either several million years of evolution or God or both(depending on your beliefs) made you an omnivore. You can eat and may even like veggies but meat is the survivor food. That is still encoded in our genes and not eating meat just ain't natural.

Tue Aug 01, 04:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I will not be meeting you for lunch at work any time soon because the picture of that salad does not look too appetizing!

Tue Aug 01, 09:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home