Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Thursday, June 08, 2006

THE FINE PRINT


They tried to catch me napping.

It was too good to be true when I found a Web site that offered the camera I wanted at $500 less than every other site I scoured.

I showed the offer to a colleague who said it looked like a great buy. He also said to purchase the camera with a credit card that would protect the deal just in case it wasn't above board.

I was excited that I had done my homework and proceeded to make the purchase, filling out all my information online.

Then it came down to the payment method.

All they would accept were MoneyGram money transfers. A big red flag shot up.

Sneaky bastards. It WAS too good to be true.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now they prob have all your other personal info any way..good luck on that! can you spell s-u-c-k-er!

Fri Jun 09, 12:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the looks of the pictures that you put in your blogs, I don't think that you need another camera-you should check with your one friend and just buy lots of shoes, just shoes, and shoes, and shoes
by the way-your little friend in the picture is so cute that even a throw away would take a good picture of her

Fri Jun 09, 01:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on. Don't be such a worry wart. Goodness is an inate human trait. You give me the money and I promise, human to human, I will send your camera. Ok to show you I am worthy of your good faith I will knock the price back another hundred bucks. You can't turn that down!

Fri Jun 09, 01:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

things to live by: "If it sounds too good to be true...it probably isn't"

Sat Jun 10, 09:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would not buy on line. You may get another country.

Mon Jun 12, 08:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S.
Your pictures are interesting. Creative people do not need expensive tools .

Mon Jun 12, 08:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home