Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

RUNNING ON EMPTY

I had an appointment ... at 7:30 a.m.


Getting to the service appointment for my car is always a real treat. I knew I had to get up extra early to make it there on time and, of course, I woke up at 2:45 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep until 5 a.m.

By 6 a.m. when I should have been well-rested and raring to go, I was out cold. I didn't wake up until 6:45, which put me 45 minutes behind.

They took my car even though I was late because it's a $500 service (ouch). To top it off, I got the last loaner that looked (and smelled) like it came from Rent a Wreck. Tired and grumpy, I was angry, but I had no right to complain.

As I looked at the stone-faced service mangers, who probably wouldn't heed my gripes anyway, I overheard one tell another woman that her car needed a new engine.

I thought he was going to fall over when she asked, "Is that serious?"

Seriously, that made my day.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ray's Service Center,Steiner Ave.
Neptune City. 732-775-3331.
Best mechanic I ever knew of.
He's serviced all my vehicles for the past 27 year.

He's open Saturdays too...Call and ask for Ray or Linda.

Tue Jul 10, 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Thanks "I hate car problems", but I believe my lease agreement stipulates that I have to get service from the dealer.

Tue Jul 10, 11:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quit leasing!

Tue Jul 10, 05:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rev up your Harley

Tue Jul 10, 05:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was never consulted on this service issue, I may have been able to save you some.But its a hats off to those at the dealership for a job well done!NEXT victim!!

Wed Jul 11, 09:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home