Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

HARD TO STOMACH

They went on a paper raid.

Two Framingham State College students stole nearly half of the college paper's press run after it hit the newsstands because they said their picture on the front page made them look fat.


The picture was snapped at a women's lacrosse game as the girls, wearing hip-hugger shorts and abbreviated tank tops, showed off the name of a friend spelled out on their stomachs to cheer her on.

When the issue came out, reality landed a low blow, and the Massachusetts students' gut reaction was to steal all the papers. Click here for the story.


OK, so at 18 in Florida, I dressed in hiphuggers and midriff tops that revealed everything from my hip bones up to (but not including) my boobs. But at 100 pounds soaking wet, my stomach was flatter that wee-wee on a plate. If I had thought I looked fat, I certainly wouldn't have drawn attention to it with signage.

Then again, those miniskirts did little for my toothpick legs.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do these jeans make me look fat?..nooo...your big a** makes you look fat!

Wed May 23, 12:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Fat Bottomed girls,you make the rockin' world go round"!

Wed May 23, 01:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad society has trained women to think they are fat even when they're not.

Wed May 23, 10:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep telling myself the camera adds 50 lbs...

Thu May 24, 05:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't they look at themselves in a rear view mirror BEFORE they stepped out with those shorts?

Fri May 25, 09:23:00 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

OK, in response to a concerned (ha!) blogger who emailed me, that is not the head of Spud's manhood above the puppy's right leg in the picture. It's a fingertip. And puppy toots is not lying between his legs, she's between his neck and shoulder while he's lying on the couch. He had his hand behind his head.

Fri May 25, 11:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too funny ... I can't stop laughing ... I can make out the neck now and the finger!!

Fri May 25, 11:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think spud's name would be dud if that little thing was his manhood.

Mon May 28, 09:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that a chihuahua in your lap or are you just happy to see me?....

Sun Jun 03, 06:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home