Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Friday, December 15, 2006

DON'T TREAD ON ME


Dead skunk in the middle of the road.

That's what comes to mind when I see people walking down the middle of the vehicle
lane in parking lots.

I snapped these pictures while I was waiting for pedestrians to move to the side of the lane as they made their way (smack dab in the middle of the road) to and from the store.


I had been looking for a parking space and already had waited for several other people (smack dab in the middle of the road) before grabbing my always accessible camera off the seat next to me.

I had time to take the pictures because I wasn't driving ... I was stopped ... waiting, waiting for these people to move.

Some moved, others continued on (smack dab in the middle of the road), oblivious that there was a car with a driver, who wanted to drive, behind them.

Hey, it's the busy shopping season. But for safety's sake, people, stay to the side near the parked cars or walk in the pedestrian lanes if the store has them.


Everyone's in a hurry this time of year, and most drivers aren't very courteous.

Don't be that dead skunk in the middle of the road.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GIVE EM' A TICKET FOR SKUNK WALKING!!!
grrrrrrr!

Fri Dec 15, 01:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Move it or lose it, butt monkeys!

Fri Dec 15, 02:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dead skunk in the middle of the road stinkin' to high heaven!
-Loudon Wainright III -1971'

Serve em' right to be smushed by one of them newfangled auto thingys.

Sat Dec 16, 01:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana, did you expect to find Rhodes Scholars in the parking lot of the Walmart in Neptune, New Jersey?

Sat Dec 16, 11:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, many of us Wal-Mart shoppers are bright, college honors graduates ...(I go to the same store in Neptune and even park in the same parking lot)..so stop being such an elitist Mr. Anonymous and learn how to spell Wal-Mart correctly!

Sat Dec 16, 11:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm,That button on the steering wheel with the trumpet on it, lets try that!!!

Mon Dec 18, 08:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading your blod (Don't tread on Me) I am more aware of where I am walking in a parking lot. It definately raised my attention. In fact I was looking for a parking space and it was raining. I was trying to turn down an isle when I had to wait for 6 ladies holding each others arms and trying to hold umbrellas. This took all of 6 MINUTES and I had to wait to turn. I actually timed it. I wanted to beep the horn, but they might have fallen over.
Deb
Delray Beach, FL. 33445

Mon Dec 18, 01:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, people should watch where they walk in parking lots and they should also hold their children's hands.

Tue Dec 19, 08:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home