Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

THE BUG HAS ARRIVED


I know the blog teaser in today's column said I would be blogging about the mob or Al-Jazeera, but in reality I'm not up to thinking that hard.

Instead, this is about getting sick during the holidays.

Now I ask you, how is it that every other day of the year you can be somewhat healthy (or at least vertical and not contagious), but toss in a good holiday where a lot of people can be infected and all hell breaks loose.

So, this is where I am ... in quarantine, even though I'm so full of antibiotics I could nurse plague victims.

Any survival tips for turkey day?


I'm thinking there might be an upside to wearing a surgical face mask. Besides keeping the germs corralled, I won't be stuffing my piehole.

Have a great Thanksgiving and steer clear of anyone wearing a mask.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving.....I hope you feel better. I just started feeling sick yesterday.

Wed Nov 22, 01:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even if our cold subsides, defrosting turkeys in a tub will certainly give you e coli! why do people buy frozen? fresh not much more expensive and avail in every supermarket and well worth the safety ...ewwww..I think I see some hair on that turkey on the left and a bath ring around the one on the right!

Wed Nov 22, 03:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump.
May your taters 'n gravy have nary a lump,
May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize,
May your thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.

Gesundheit!

Wed Nov 22, 03:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay in bed....drink some merlot and take your antibiotics...Best wishes to you and Spud for a Happy Thanksgiving.
Lynda,Andrew and I will slosh through
the lousy weather to dine at The Inn at Lambertville Station.

Wed Nov 22, 07:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, good advice..drink alcohol and antibiotics!

Thu Nov 23, 07:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home