Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

EAT ME!


Not long ago a Hong Kong real estate tycoon and his wife paid $160,000 for an Italian white truffle.

Yes, $160,000 and neither Jesus' nor His mother's picture were on it.

Aren't truffles to be consumed? Would you eat it? I'd think after that delight, you'd be like the goose who laid the golden egg.

I wonder what I could get for my killer chili?

P.S. I was going to say spinach dip, but thought it best not to use killer and spinach in the same sentence.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon says can I blog here or did I lose my ID..I'll tell ya whatyou can get for the chili, the Granite lady, yep the Granite lady is a modest offering & you can have her!!PS Love de chili........

Tue Nov 21, 05:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Wegman's opened in my neighborhood, they werre selling truffles for $599 per pound. I was going to buy some. But I decided to buy a new computer instead.

Tue Nov 21, 06:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your chili and an e coli outbreak look like one and the same!

Tue Nov 21, 06:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i see the Loch Ness monster in that chili!

Tue Nov 21, 09:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like "WOP poop in a bowl" to me.

Tue Nov 21, 10:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why hasn't some genius thought of a bioengineered truffle. Seems like they could find a way to grow them so that they don't cost so much and have to be sniffed out by a snout burrowing pig. We can make synthetic diamonds and genetically altered chickens but we can't make a stinkin truffle? What is wrong with this world.

Wed Nov 22, 02:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they have us all fooled, it's a stinky mushroom is all!

Wed Nov 22, 11:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I put a potato on ebay and pass it off as a white truffle? Hey it is worth a shot right?

Wed Nov 22, 11:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home