Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Monday, November 06, 2006

BAH HUMBUG


It's already started.

I went to pick up doggie wee wee pads at Wal-Mart and the mad rush has begun.

You would have thought it was Black Friday the way people were grabbing things off the shelf for Christmas.

So, what did I do?

Why I grabbed a few presents and decorations myself!

Now, I'm in the mood to spend, spend, spend.

This e-mailed picture from a reader, by the way, is exactly what I plan to do with my mailbox when the credit card bills start to arrive.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still thimk all stores should be required to wait until day after Thanksgiving to start with the Holiday madness..is bad enough to see Christmas stuff next to Halloween stuff in September..besides, orange and red clash!

Mon Nov 06, 07:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant "think"..

Mon Nov 06, 07:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost done with my shopping, I am an early shopper, and my fake tree goes up on black Friday. Have to get ready for my annual cookie swap. I love the Christmas Holiday. Now for the wrapping, I hate that!

Tue Nov 07, 11:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no need to wrap, that's what dollar store gift bags are for!

Tue Nov 07, 12:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home