Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

OUNCE OF PREVENTION


It's the season.

Yeah, yeah it's the beginning of the flu season.

Every year I can't wait to track down where I can get a flu shot so I don't have to fork over a co-pay to see my GP, who usually doesn't have the vaccine in the first place.

This year I found www.findaflushot.com that lists tons of clinics, some even with after-work hours. And get this, the shots are $18, $7 cheaper than at most other clinics. Imagine that!

Now, if only researchers could discover vaccines for the common cold, bronchitis, upper-respiratory infections and all those other ailments that make you feel, well, crappy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great website. Thanks for the advise but I am scared to get one before I go on vacation. The shot in my area is 2 days before I leave. Probably NOT a good idea even though every December-January I am home in bed for 6 days. May have to find another location after vacation. Thanks for the site. dmc

Tue Oct 31, 01:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those flu shots contain experimental government manufactured mood altering substances. The republican party is dissemenating this to enhance our fear of terrorism and hopefully keep the republicans in power. I took two shots, will someone hold me?

Tue Oct 31, 01:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a lucky guy. Having worked in both commercial building management and most recently returning to nursing home management;my flu shots are free.
I've not paid for one in years.
Stay warm and drink plenty of fluids friends. The worst of it is over in 3-4 days.

Wed Nov 01, 05:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

two years ago when there was a flu vaccine shortage, my church in florida had flu shots. was it crowded. many snowbirds like myself were there. of couse when you have medicare, the shots are free. .
thanks for the website. and that is a good price to pay for flu protection as i remember the one time i did not take the flu shot. it was horrendous to get the flu .

Wed Nov 01, 09:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that explains why I voted for Bush!

Thu Nov 02, 01:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home