Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Monday, October 16, 2006

WHEN THE CLOCK STRUCK MIDNIGHT


I turned into a pumpkin.

And, so did everyone else who attended Spud's 30th high school reunion after it was over.

Women put away their ball gowns and men their suits. Everyone went back to being who they really are instead of the person they hyped themselves up to be.

Even I got tried of explaining that I was one of many editors at the Press, and finally (after my third glass of wine) just said Asbury Park Press editor when asked what I did. They all thought I was THE editor (sorry about that Skip).

Which is why the woman whose backside I took a picture of was thrilled her tush was going to be featured somewhere.

All in all, it was a great time, and fun to watch the older version of those one-time young friends get acquainted all over again.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a toss-up as to which is worse..this derriere or the "deer"-iere photo a few blogs back!

Mon Oct 16, 08:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm in awe of the crushed velvet pants!

Mon Oct 16, 09:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They try and they were happy at the moment-who cares about the size-you have to be healthy and happy and have a great time-everyone has different taste in formal wear and different perception of how they look.

To me and my pal they all looked very happy and having fun-God Bless America and never crit-SIZE-ize anyone

Tue Oct 17, 03:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least there are no VPL's (visible panty lines)..ewww! I hope she's not going commando!

Tue Oct 17, 07:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even I got tried of explaining....
Is that a typo? Was it meant to be:
Even I got tired of explaining....
My 35th reunion comes up on November 11th. I'll report back on the status of the female backsides.
I've seen two former cheerleaders recently....they still look great!

Tue Oct 17, 08:43:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

yes pete, it was a typo.. i suffer from a little sysdexlia at times.....:)

Wed Oct 18, 11:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'fess up, is that really you Diana in the velvet get-up? only kidding!

Sun Oct 22, 01:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home