Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

SHOOT THE MESSENGER


When this photo arrived in one of those You're-a-redneck-if ... e-mails, I laughed out loud.

Then I realized that this doorbell most likely is the rear-end of a real deer that
was gunned down like Bambi's mother and cut to pieces.

Now, I can understand the logic of hunting, even though I would have a difficult time killing any animal. I also understand that most hunters eat what they kill. And personally, I'm grateful for the folks at Perdue who do the dirty work so I can enjoy eating chicken.

But looking at this photo again, it sort of made me sick, like the deer heads and antler sets that hung as trophies in my grandfather's and father's homes.

OK, so maybe it's just the thought of what kind of sound that doorbell makes.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to play pin the hunter's scrotum on the deerky.

Tue Oct 10, 09:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the doorbell fails, you can make the tail into a door knocker with the help of rigor mortis/taxidermy.

Tue Oct 10, 10:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It makes me wonder what kind of sick person lives in that house. I guess they don't want anyone "dropping" by.

Wed Oct 11, 06:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are backwards individuals.

Wed Oct 11, 12:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"oh, deer!"..how many more puns can we think of? If it rains, is it a "rain deer"?

Wed Oct 11, 12:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gives new meaning to "The buck stops here",eh?

Disgusting,just disgusting.

Thu Oct 12, 08:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see that they are now making doorbells for a-holes. How imaginative.

Thu Oct 12, 08:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's on the other side - inside of the house? Ewww! A large, furry coat hook?

Fri Oct 13, 06:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home