Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

TO THE POINT


It's a handy dandy always sharp knife that can cut through steel.

And, I bought three of them one day when a fast-talking saleslady was giving a demonstration in Sears.

I also bought two sets of steak knives, five paring knives and a filet knife that
will skin a tomato without marring the meat.

My excuse? I have dull knives.

But what the heck am I going to do with two more steel-cutting knives, five paring knives, and TWO sets of steak knives. And, why would I want to filet tomatoes?

Guess my Christmas shopping is finished.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And a patridge in a pear tree....

Tue Oct 03, 11:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i need that knife. my wife's chicken is made of steel, or maybe leather.

Tue Oct 03, 05:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put it in that new utility drawer with YOUR can opener!

Tue Oct 03, 07:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were you I would take the two steel-cutting knives, the five paring knives, and the TWO sets of steak knives, and put them in your closet with your out-of-season clothing.

Tue Oct 03, 07:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't go to Williams-Sonoma to often. They have gadgets for jobs you never realized need to be done.

Tue Oct 03, 09:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

or use them to cut-up all Spud's duds when you want to get even..

Wed Oct 04, 12:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Become a butcher-have knives will travel.

Wed Oct 04, 01:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that I don't own a sharp knife has been a running joke in our family for years.
One Christmas, my "Pain in the Butt" sister-in-law was complaining (again) about the lack of sharp knives and everything else in general.
I was quite stressed trying to entertain and keep everyone happy and shot back with, "It's probably a good thing that I don't have a sharp knife in the house because I would stab you with it." Everyone gasped and then laughed. Another Kodak moment to be treasured.

Fri Oct 06, 08:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home