Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

FOREVER CARDED


I feel guilty.

Why do I feel compelled to save birthday, anniversary and Christmas cards I receive? Am I so much like my mother (who had drawers and drawers of saved cards) that the inclination is deep-set in an inherited gene somewhere?

I can see saving hand-made cards or those from an extra special person in your life. Especially if they surprise you with one that has a meaningful verse that shows they gave it some thought before just whisking any one off the rack.

I hurriedly grabbed a beautiful red-heart card one Christmas Eve for my man and found out later it said Happy Birthday, my love, inside instead of Merry Christmas.

I'm sure he didn't save that one!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please delete the previous poster..he is using your site for free ads..he's done it a couple times and is a bore!

Tue Sep 26, 10:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you could save them for a few years and then give them back to the person who gave them to you as a present. They would be very pleased that you saved them for so long and then they would throw them in the trash. Or you could give them to x-hubby to put in storage.

Wed Sep 27, 12:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donate your cards to an assisted living places , nursing homes etc. They will use them for projectsWhen I taught primary grades, we used the pictures and made our own cards.

Wed Sep 27, 09:44:00 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Donating them is the best idea yet!

Wed Sep 27, 10:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For years I used to send them into St. Jude's Ranch for Children - but they stopped it because they literally were overwhelmed by the amount of card fronts donated.

Fri Sep 29, 03:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home