Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Friday, September 15, 2006

TILL DEATH DO US PART


Today I'm attending a friend's wedding.

I'm wondering if it's really worth all that time and money since statistics show there's a more than 50 percent chance the union will end in divorce.

For legal reasons I'm all for marriage even though my man and I never have taken the plunge after 11 years of living together.

We don't want to rush things.

If we did get married, though, it appropriately would be sanctioned in front of Rodin's "Gates of Hell."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For now, if still pondering marriage,(especially after 11 years), Rodin's "The Thinker" is a propos. If you get married and realize it is a mistake , what about "The Scream" painted by Edvard Munch?

Fri Sep 15, 04:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best part about marriage is the cocktail hour at the wedding-now if you can make that 'coctail hour into a happy hour' for many years-then GO FOR IT!

Fri Sep 15, 04:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Go Ahead and marry the guy already!Start a new chapter in your life.After 11 years together,it can't be all bad,right?

I never thought I'd remarry and here I am swapping I do's next June.
Gotta run for now. Moving tomorrow to Springfield and my fiancee's home.
Going to unplug the PC for a few days...Promise to check in soon.

Hugs,Pete

Fri Sep 15, 05:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beware of the twelve year itch.

Fri Sep 15, 07:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home