Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Thursday, September 14, 2006

EYES WIDE SHUT


I didn't think too much about it when, at my late mother-in-law's house, a light kept flickering and a breaker kept tripping. The electrician said it was a water-soaked line to an outside outlet that tied into others inside, and he fixed it.

Later, it happened again. I was a little spooked thinking that my man's mother was
trying to contact us from the beyond, but I quickly dismissed it.

Then, at my house across town, a few outlets in the kitchen stopped working. The next day we contacted the electrician. Right before he arrived, the outlets started to work again.

He said there was nothing wrong with them.

Last night, the cable wires to my bedroom TV came off.

I'm not saying they came out of the outlets, I'm saying the cable jacks on (not one but) TWO wires actually separated from the wires themselves, rendering them useless.

Now, that's creepy!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

was she a techno-phobe or a diana-phobe?

Thu Sep 14, 12:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

check your car cables/brakeline..hopefully she liked you while living!

Thu Sep 14, 12:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who you gonna call?

G-H-O-S-T-B-U-S-T-E-R-S!

Perhaps Spud's mommy is watching and reading your blogs....She is not pleased apparently.

Thu Sep 14, 08:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After my grandfather died, the electronics in his house would act up also. My dad would be there fixing something and light bulbs that were just replaced would blow. Clocks would stop. I used to think that he was imagining things, until I got in my car one day and smelled his pipe tobacco that he used to smoke. I talk to him now knowing he is close by.

Thu Sep 14, 09:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Mom might be telling her son to run while there is still time. Nothing personal, but you do seem like the witch type.

Thu Sep 14, 10:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you and spud married but living together..is the mother-in-law actually your ex-hubby's mom?so she is the great-grandma to chloe and parker ,or would've been right? maybe she wants to tell you congrats electrically..

Thu Sep 14, 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

I respected and loved Spud's mother very much. She was a kind and good woman who always referred to me as her daughter-in-law no matter what my marital status was with her son. I miss her, and I would be happy and honored if she tried to contact me.
I'm wondering, though, if it just might be my own mother, who died two weeks after Spud's.

Fri Sep 15, 09:47:41 AM

Fri Sep 15, 10:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to worry is when 'spirits' start playing with the gas!!!!

Fri Sep 15, 04:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe it is as simple as bad wiring!

Sat Sep 16, 11:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she isnt your mother - in - law and never will be! the furniture in reference was and still is Inez's!!!Could Lou-Lou be contacting you to lay off???? NO MATTER HOW Hard u tey u CANT BEAT HER! pOOR IMATATION

Tue Sep 26, 10:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think lightning struck the house or a telephone pole nearby during the storms we had recently. Don't freak yourself out Mom! But the phone thing that is not mentioned is spooky.

Wed Sep 27, 12:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home