Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Thursday, September 21, 2006

HARA KIRI


I think I forgot to wash my hair.

Every morning, half asleep, I trudge into the shower to start my daily routine which goes something like: turn on water, get wet, wash hair, wash body, shave, rinse and dry off.

Today, as I was finishing up, I couldn't remember if I washed my hair. I mean, it was wet, but I didn't know if it was clean.

Am I so preoccupied that I can't remember what I did (or didn't) do two minutes before? Am I experiencing signs of dementia? Should I have gotten back in the shower and started over?

At that point, I figured it would just have to be a ponytail day.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh it is so true. I take 4 pills a day for bp. And sometimes in the morning I say " did I take it already?" So do I skip it? Take it? I even have a Sunday - Saturday pill container, but dont ever fill it. Maybe I forgot, ha

Thu Sep 21, 12:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happens to me re some things.For example: when I pick up the mail at the mail box when I already picked up the mail.

Thu Sep 21, 02:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you remembered to get dressed! It's definitely our age..I am great at writing "to-do" lists but forget where I put the list. Next time at top of my list will be, "remember not to lose my list".

Thu Sep 21, 03:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It isn't your age. I have forgotten to rinse the conditioner out of my hair, went to blow dry my hair and had to get back in the shower to rinse it out. I'm sure I have forgotten to wash it too.

Wed Sep 27, 12:39:00 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

LOL,

Fri Sep 29, 09:44:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

sorry, i was laughing so hard i misfired

Fri Sep 29, 09:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home