Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Monday, September 25, 2006

PETE AND REPEAT


Big Sis has undertaken a major project.

She's chronologically scrapbooking pictures, letters, cards and anything else she can find into books to give each of us an account of our family history.

While she's been working on it for years, she went full time with her efforts after our mother died in February and we found dresser drawers-full of stuff she had saved.

Funny how you see the family resemblance when you look at pictures of family members' pictures taken around the same age.


Funnier that I compare how I look now with pictures of my mother at my age.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, love the 'fro and checkered pants.

Mon Sep 25, 05:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hats off to Big Sis...what a great project to undertake. I too have a collection of family photos from my grandparents. Great idea to scrapbook for family.

Mon Sep 25, 11:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep...lots of stuff to organize, sort, date, name, scan, copy, cut, paste and scrapbook to give as a legacy to my sisters! If my back hold up, my eyesight quits being blurry and the MS stays put, I may finish them before Chirstmas...2010 :)

Tue Sep 26, 05:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave detailed scrapbooks to my son and daughter when they graduated high school but keep them with me until they marry and can then fully appreciate and share them with their spouses and future children. I even included their family tree inside the cover.It was worth all the work!

Tue Sep 26, 10:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see them! I see how Chloe looks like Nana! Top right picture right? (moon face)Cute!

Wed Sep 27, 12:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Big Sis on your organizing the pictures. I had to stop doing our family because I kept on crying.I am ,however, organizing my new granddaughter's pictures and noticed that I look like my aunt, my father's sister.

Wed Sep 27, 09:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home