Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Monday, October 02, 2006

CLOTHES MAKE THE WOMAN


It's that time of year when the sandals are put away and out come the long pants.

I struggled all weekend rearranging my closet.

I have too many clothes to begin with, so shifting the warmer stuff up front and shoving the capris to the back was a real pain.

Organizing the long sleeves and the mid sleeves in front of the short sleeves finally got the best of me, so I threw most of it in a bag for Goodwill.

Now, I can go shopping.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys have a similar problem to a lesser degree. Short sleeve shirts get put away,sweaters come out.
I was in Michigan last week.Needed heavy outer wear there. Came home to need summer stuff still.
Now that I've moved to fiancee's....closet space is at a premium.
A lot of trashing of the old stuff goes on a lot for me.

Mon Oct 02, 08:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete is right. Guys can have the same problem. I'm constantly trudging up and down between the basement, where I keep out-of-season clothes in a special double closet, and the second story, where I keep in-season clothes in my bedroom closets.

Somwhow, when I was young and poor, I never had this problem.

Tue Oct 03, 11:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are certainly blest with our stuff we do not have room for.

Wed Oct 04, 01:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work at Red Cross - we work with http://www.wecollectclothes.com/home.shtml .. they collect the clothes , sell them by the pound and donate $ back to us which we use for local disaster victims in Mon./Ocean County. Is quite successful. Check them out or donate all clothes in one of our clean, white Red Cross bins next time you see one. They will even schedule pick-ups for larger quantities.

Mon Oct 09, 05:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home