Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Monday, August 28, 2006

DON'T TREAD ON ME



It never fails.

As soon as one car in the family develops problems, the rest follow suit.

It seems all my man's vehicles are in need of repairs. Yes, he has more than one ... all of them "paid for" models.

He refuses to buy new because of the high insurance costs, so he has to deal with older-vehicle upkeep instead.

I say it all evens out in the end, but as a motor man who enjoys his toys, he sees it differently.

It's no problem until they all go down at once. Then (all of a sudden) it becomes my problem, too.

Oh, the joys of a relationship!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

they talk to each other at night...and "catch the same viruses" when they think you don't pay enough attention to them. :)

Mon Aug 28, 09:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many studies show that Spud's economics are correct. But what you're up against here is Murphy's Law -- "If anything can go wrong, it will."

Mon Aug 28, 11:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband kept his cars until the repairs were too expensive. He learned to lease his cars and then trade in when the lease was due. Works for him.

Mon Aug 28, 12:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

insurance vs. repairs? Did he ever figure what costs more

Mon Aug 28, 03:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to buy new or nearly new and then run them hard. I have never had a car that I put less than 150,000 miles on.
My best was a 1987 Nissan Sentra
"E" model that was boxy but got good mileage. I put 245,000 miles on that gem before the transmission blew up.
Now I drive a 1996 Sedan DeVille in mint condition courtesy of the fiancee.Bought with 29,000 original miles on it,I plan on at least 160,000 miles before that one goes.
Spud might have the right idea.
Happy Motoring Spud!

Mon Aug 28, 09:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the cost of aggravation is priceless..sounds like something Confucius may have said..or maybe it was my Mom..

Mon Aug 28, 09:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest lino service-forget any car-figure it out-much cheaper in the end-more fun-then you can walk when you are a close distance and exercise at the same time
I say,"Get rid of all cars"

Wed Aug 30, 11:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh No-I mean LIMO service-sorry about that

Wed Aug 30, 11:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home