Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Say, what?

A CYNICAL LOOK AT THE DAILY GRIND

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

ON THE LOOKOUT


I had made arrangements to meet Darling outside the hospital at 4:30 p.m.

Turns out, she didn't show up until almost 5 p.m. So there I sat thinking I had misunderstood where we were to meet.

I considered going up to the floor where Parker was but worried that I would miss Darling in transit.

Then, I worried that she was up there worrying if she came down she would miss me.

Really, all that worrying was needless because all I had to do was call her to confirm her whereabouts, which I did.

She was just late.

What did we ever do without cell phones?

P.S. No change on Parker's condition this morning. X-rays show he still has a problem, maybe fluid, with one of his lungs. He's cranky, though. Most likely hungry!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for little Parker. He will be fine. Hang in there. I know it must be hard.

Tue Aug 22, 11:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are keeping baby Parker, mom and family in prayers!

"And whatever you ask for in prayer; having faith and (really) believing, you will receive." Matthew 21:22

Tue Aug 22, 01:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are keeping Parker and your family in our thoughts and prayers. The Big St. Teresa of Avila said, "Patience attains the goal."

Tue Aug 22, 01:44:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

UPDATE: Parker's condition was improving this afternoon. His feeding tube has been taken out along with a couple of IVs in his belly button. Darling was able to hold him, and he "slept like a baby." Doctors will decide tonight if he is strong enough to be fed breast milk. Hopefully, next blog about Parker will be when he comes home.

Tue Aug 22, 03:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Parker! Keep on getting stronger buddy!
Grandma is gonna need you to look after her one day.Frazzled as she is,she'll need lots of hugs and giggles.

Tue Aug 22, 11:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear he is doing better. All of you hang in there. He will be home soon.
Diana, email me a good picture of Parker.

Wed Aug 23, 12:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home